Thursday 27 February 2014

Instagram: #moftravels

 








(A selection of some of my Instagram images)


With Matthew's consistent repetition and encouragement of using the Instagram and Twitter hashtag 'moftravels', many students, including myself, have found it impossible to wipe the term from our vocabulary (along with the accent), even several days after the trip!

It would be fair to say I am a self-confessed Instagram-Addict. It is by far my favourite social media platform and to say I check it a couple of times a day would be a huge understatement. Over 3/4 years i've posted 1,768 photos, and I find myself tackling the hashtag situation almost everyday. Matthew's encouragement to use such a hashtag spurred my Instagram-addiction even further and after a whirlwind of snapping the photo, applying a filter, checking into a location and choosing an appropriate caption and selection of hashtags; I have found my total Instagram posts during the trip to have amounted to an enormous 64 images (can anyone beat this?).

I love photography, and Instagram acts as a great way to promote my Fashion Blog too. So how could I not use it to such an extent? I may have lost some followers from over-posting and shoving beautiful images of Roman and Florentine scenery in their faces constantly, but I also gained some in the process too.

Instagram is harmless fun, it's also my diary, a self-promotion channel, and definitely subracts a large chunk of my iPhone's daily battery; but it's enjoyable, social and creative and i'm proud to be an Instagram-Addict!

Natalie Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment