Thursday 27 February 2014

Luisa Via Roma - Firenze


Shopping around Florence can be quite tricky, you either stubble across the leather goods, overpriced second-hand luxury items, or expensive luxury brands. This is the reason I want to introduce Luisa Via Roma. No joke, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my many trips to Florence.

The price tags in Luisa Via Roma is considerably expensive, but this is understandable, as they are a retailer selling products from McQueen, Versace, Saint Laurent, Celine, etc. Under a student budget, it’s quite difficult to purchase luxury items, so it is, again, understandable that not many students would buy anything here. But trust me, if you go to the Luisa Via Roma Main Store (Via Roma, 19/21r, 50123 Florence, Italy), you can go to the cashier to take you to their outlet – Luisa Via Roma Contemporary (Via Silvio Pellico, 9, 50121 Florence, Italy). You could ask for direction, if you choose to walk, according to Google maps, it would be a 20 minutes walk. However, a taxi would take roughly 6 minutes, and Luisa Via Roma would pay the taxi fare, so it would be a free ride to their outlet.
Directions to walk on the left, directions for a taxi on the right


Their outlet is not as big as the store, but is displayed with the same minimalistic interiors. With that said, it was easy to browse through the racks and find things that I liked. What I must praise is the customer service in Luisa Via Roma; it is rare to step in a shop as student and feel like millionaire. The people there were friendly and helpful. And when it came to me trying on a dress, they offered matching shoes and jackets to go with the dress. It did not help that everything looked so good, but because it was the outlet, the price tag seemed more sensible than shopping at the actual store.

Dress from McQueen €92

I fell in love with the first item I picked out the rack. I know I sound crazy, but I love McQueen dresses. I’ve gotten one at Luisa Via Roma before; the cut and design fits me, and so when I found a McQueen dress that was €92, it was instant love at first sight. As mentioned, I was given shoes and a leather jacket that went well with the dress. I didn’t like the leather jacket that much, but the shoes... 

“Always wear high heels. Yes, they give you power. You move differently, sit differently, and even speak differently.” – Carine Roitfeld

Shoes from Valentino €329

Wearing those heels was different, I felt different. It was like falling in love all over again. Anyway, if in need of retail therapy in Florence, this is the perfect place to go to fall in love and feel the love. 


Written by Melanie Ng

No comments:

Post a Comment